Friday, June 09, 2006

Food Bloggers

I think that up until now, there have only been 2 things in my life, outside my immediate and TT family, that have provided me with instant and helpful hands. One was when I was pregnant and I had a wonderful support group through The Birth Place Resouce Center in Menlo Park. We all had something in common and were there for each other with questions, answers, hints, tips, and resources. The second time was when my son was in CYSA - club soccer. Our families all bonded instantly and shared food, rides, Starbucks runs, training tips, and medical wisdom on a regular basis for 4 years.

Now I find myself part of the food blogosphere. It was quite by accident through my friend Tea, but the support and rapport and sharing I have gotten from all over the world is just incredible. People offering suggestions, helping with recipe testing for my book, and providing feedback has enriched my life immensely. There is a learning curve to blogs, and I am still in the freshman stage, but I am always in awe of the wonderful writing I encounter along the way, the gorgeous food photography I am witnessing, and the delicious recipes that I cannot wait to try. It amazes me that food can bring such a connection.

So a big thank you for helping to shape my early experiences and making me hungry for more. And for wanting to do everything better - the writing, the photography, the food. You are all quite inspiring.

And along that vein, please go check out Cream Puffs in Venice. She recently completed one of four recipe tests for me, a delicious classic Crepes Suzette, and did an incredible blog post, that includes some mouth-watering photography. God, I love this stuff!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivonne, I've been reading for a while so how have I missed you. She did a wonderful post on the crepes! I am in total aggrement with you on food blogs and the community it brings into my world.

Fran said...

We never stop learning. That is what I love about the blog world. I love everything about food and can't wait for all the new posts everyday. It's a wonderful thing! Ivonne does a beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

My eyes have just recently been opened to the world of food blogs and I'm having some difficulty tearing myself away from the computer these days. I love the pics and descriptions. I love food!
Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your book. I'm looking forward to trying the recipes if I'm feeling brave.
I'm in the Bay Area as well. Is your book available locally right now?

Mrs. B said...

Welcome Elsa. The book will be out in August. I am sure I will be gushing about it more as the time gets nearer, and I do hope you will try some of the recipes. So far I have gotten nothing but raves.

Lubna said...

And I visit your blog and drooooooooooool.....In fact, we are at work, it is a long day today, and I and a few of my colleagues are taking a coffee break and drooling.

Mrs. B said...

I think I could make a full time job of just reading food blogs and cooking the recipes shared. Another reason we need more than 24 hours in a day!

Helene said...

Hey there! I think I pressed a wrong key and deleted your email for the coconut bread recipe. You can re- email at marinette1@comcast.net. Thank you! Sorry for the delay.

Sharon Delman said...

I just discovered your blog via Becks and Posh. Your writing, recipes, and point of view seem terrific. I look forward to becoming a regular reader here and picking up your book in August. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mrs. B.

Believe me I've been enjoying every minute of it! I can't wait to see the book!